Ticket Price: $65 for members only, $69 for non-members
Come and join us with ‘Ben the Baker’, Bäckermeister from Germany at this hands-on workshop and learn how you can create a simple and delicious loaf of sourdough bread in your home oven with the simple ingredients of flour, water, salt and love.
German food is so much more than Potatoes, Sauerkraut and Bratwurst. According to the German Institute of Bread there are more than 3000 different types of bread baked daily. Mischbrote (wheat and rye flour mixes) are the most popular. Sourdough-based bread plays an important role in the Germans history and its culture.
This face-to-face workshop includes:
- Loaf of bread and molding basket to take home
- Participation in baking and tasting of bread
- Mix and shape your own loaf
- Learn about fermentation and the role of gluten
- Mix and maintain your very own sourdough starter
This is event is presented in German and English.
Location: Bread Crust, 59 Roberts St, Osborne Park WA 6017, Australia
The Workshop will be held in German and English!
Bookings are essential: www.trybooking.com/BSMYR